Different NLE's treat gradient effects in different ways. For most of todays NLE's, use the
Freedom FX Static Mattes like
you would a gradient wipe transition. The only difference is that you set the keyframes
between 40% and 60% to keep the Matte locked. The Freedom FX Mattes can be easily sized and
positioned with most graphic programs and are also compatible with Boris FX for even
more creative possibilities.
1) Create a new folder on your NLE's video drive and call it Freedom FX.
2 )Load the Freedom FX Static Mattes into this newly created Freedom FX folder.
3) Open your NLE.
4) Load your new FX into an effect bin within your NLE.(optional)
5) Place a regular transition or Alpha Wipe effect on the timeline in the effects channel
between your 2 video clips.
6) Double click on the transition.
7) Set the transitions values to around 50%.(You may have to play with the % values
and softness values to get the desired result.)
8) Save and exit.
9) Stretch the effect for the desired duration and play.